Wednesday, November 13, 2013

First selfie since the surgery!

 
So its been five days since my surgery - and I'm already down 8 lbs!  I got so excited I thought I would post my first selfie since the surgery.  (and if you know me - you know I'm not into selfies!) 
 
You can tell the difference right?  (or is it just me?)
My before pic is actually before the pre-op diet - so here I've lost a total of 23lbs. 
I'm feeling great.  Walking as much as I can, breathing into that plastic breathing tool and learning to sip sip sip!  That's probably the hardest part so far.  I was a chugger or drinks and shoveler of food!  Bad habits that need to be broken asap!
 
Thank you guys so much for all the wonderful comments and words of encouragement on this blog and on my facebook page.  You guys are the best.  I know some of you were concerned about the price.  Listen - I totally understand.  But weight loss surgeries are covered by most ppo insurance plans.  Call your insurance and ask about bariatric surgery.  Talk to your doctor and see if you are a candidate.  Its not an overnight thing... planning this takes time and a lot of thought.
But its worth it! 
When you are ready for a free consultation - call Beverly Hills Physicians.  I checked around to a couple bariatric places and I found that these guys were the best with pre and post care.  It really matters where you go.  And it wont cost you a penny just to ask and see if this is right for you.  I will go with you if you want the company.  Seriously! I believe in Beverly Hills Physicians and Dr Misra THAT much! 
1800-788-1416. 
 
Ok - gotta run.  I will check in soon.  You guys are the best!
xo, Irma
 
 






 

3 comments:

  1. We listen to your station every time we go "down the hill". My husband told me today about your WLS! I had my gastric bypass surgery on 10/25. These couple weeks have been rough! Its so good to see someone who can really advocate for the amazing things WLS can do in public. There's so many misconceptions on what this life change is all about! I pray for a quick and easy recovery for you...

    Welcome to the "losers" bench!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!! I can really see a difference. Look at your arms, your backside, your shoulders & I can even see some loss in your face. Prayers on your recovery...YOU GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my gastric bypass Sept. 2006. I had been pushing 300 lbs at the time of surgery. 7 years later, I am still 115 lbs. lighter! It was the BEST decision I've ever made! I feel it truly made me a better person. I had been so unhappy for so long. Feeling self-conscious and not wanting photos taken of me. And the unhappiness (I believe) made me a mean person. A total 180 degrees in my attitude! I show people photos of me 'before', and they don't even believe it's me! I am by no means thin nowadays, but I am definitely healthier (which is what I was aiming for). I highly recommend the surgery for anyone who has tried and failed at other methods of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete